Jean Francois Lyotard – Death of the Meta-Narrative
Carnivore of narratives
- Meta – Big stories/data
- God/Religion Morals/Knowledge
- Framework which accounts for/explains lesser/little narratives
- Post modern world – people no longer believe in Meta-narratives
- No one whole truth
- Lots of fragments/pieces
Jean Braudrillard – Hyper-reality – Simulacra
“The era of simulation is thus everywhere… all the great humanist criteria of value… moral, aesthetic and practical judgement vanish in our system of images and signs” ‘Symbolic exchange and death’ 1976
- What is real? What is not?
- Original meaning is lost!
- Copies of copies